Goals & Objectives
CRC Asia strives towards the following goals:
- Meaningful participation of children on issues that concern them;
- Strong regional and global advocacy which is grounded on and reinforces national civil society initiatives;
- Strong regional and global advocacy which holds national governments accountable for their obligations as articulated in the UN CRC;
- The promotion and protection of children’s rights in ASEAN and other regional mechanisms.
CRC Asia is a regional network to enhance civil society cooperation with an end view of strengthening broad-based child rights advocacy. Its objectives are as follows:
- Identify and develop common positions across thematic and sectoral issues that have implication on children’s rights;
- Promote child rights perspectives within the discourse and agenda of various thematic and sectoral concerns;
- Enhance child rights analysis to inform and help improve the advocacies and actions of various thematic and sectoral concerns;
- Engage government and other duty bearers with an end view of promoting and ensuring accountability.